I love looking at display ideas to use my photos at home on Pinterest, and I’ve noticed that DIY home gallery walls have steadily grown in popularity.
There are a few different styles I see most of the gallery wall designs fitting into:
- Clean and modern
- Bohemian and chic
- Colorful and random
If you’ve ever wondered how to design a picture wall in your house, here are some easy steps to follow to make it look great (the first time)!
- Start with one large central frame or object: This will be the focal point of your wall, remember bigger is better in terms of portraits! Have you every tired to see a 5×7 print on a wall from across the room?
- Build around it with different style/color frames: Incorporate letters, art work, inspirational phrases or quotes that mean something to you or spiritual objects.
- Choose a color theme from the main photo or coordinating colors of the room you are going to display in (or stick with black and white)
- Choose photos that you want to see every day, that have meaning, that bring an emotional response when you look at them (hopefully a happy one!)
- Mix in some matching artwork
- Design the layout- Start with laying all the pieces on the floor in front of the wall that you will be using, it makes it easier to figure out your design. When you are ready to hang, Command Strips will be your best friend and keep you from having a thousand nail holes in your wall!
- Install all your gallery pieces and sit back and enjoy your view.
Here are some of my favorite picture frame gallery ideas: How To Create A Gallery Wall of Your Prized Images
Here are some examples that I’ve done at my house: Excuse the glares! We have a lot of windows which is why I am slowly transitioning all my wall prints to canvas or mounted prints that don’t require glass. Another great point to make here. If you have a lot of light hitting your walls, non-glass frames are the way to go. Mounted prints and canvas do not require glass!
Need help deciding what the best size images would be for a particular space in your home? Send us a picture of the wall you want to create a display on with the high and width of that wall. We will create the perfect display for you. These past clients trusted us to create the perfect look for these spaces in their homes.